1. Green course cards for Mountain View Middle School went home today. Please review with your child to pick music and literacy/foreign language courses. Refer to the back of the card for information about the options. Please return by Friday.
2. YMCA permission/waiver needs to be signed and returned. This is a fun team building day with 6th graders from Goffstown. Please return by Friday.
3. If your child met the requirements to test for algebra, they should have received a letter over vacation. If your child did not meet the requirements, but you would like them to test or be considered for the accelerated math class, please email email@example.com.
4. If you missed the parent meeting at MVMS, there is an informational video available on the Mountain View website.
5. DARE graduation is May 10th at 8:15. Hopefully you are able to make it! If you would like to donate a dollar to contribute for a thank you gift for Officer Case, we will be collecting money until Friday.
Students will be taking the NH Statewide Assessment beginning next week (April 2-6). Each class will test for approximately an hour and 15 minutes per day. This assessment will be taken entirely online. Each student will be assessed in reading, writing, and mathematics. Each test will include a mix of multiple choice questions and short answer responses.
Our schedule is as follows:
*All Sargent Camp paperwork is due March 30th. This includes: parent form (both sides), doctor form, and $280.
*Also due is the Museum of Fine Arts field trip permission slip and $13.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
We will be collecting donations for our theme basket until January 19th- all things CHOCOLATE!
The baskets are used as a fundraiser for our PTA. Many thanks for your contributions!
Please see Bloomz for dates and times to schedule a conference. If there is not a date or time convenient to you, please send me an email so that we can find a day that will work.
If you do not wish to meet at this time let me know via email or send in a note with your child. We can meet any time during the year if you change your mind!
We had a great day with our artist in residence and started painting the 6th grade mural. It looks awesome!
Friday the 20th is Michaelmas- the 3rd grade's craft fair. Crafts and snacks will be available for purchase from $0.50-$6.00.
Our Halloween party will be on the 31st. We will be parading at 1:00 and partying right after. We invite you to join us for some snacks and drinks! See the Bloomz signup if you would like to send something in.
We are looking for cardboard and masking tape donations in order to participate in the Global Cardboard Challenge! A challenge geared around imagination, collaboration, and problem solving. You can send in materials any time the week of October 2nd.
Thank you for your support! I can't wait to see the kids' designs!
Just a reminder that Back to School night is this Thursday at 6:35. We'll be meeting in the library with all of the 6th grade teachers and parents. Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to meeting all of you!
(This night is for parents and guardians only please.)
I hope your child had a great first day! I was so excited to hear all of their summer adventures. It sounds like everyone had an action packed vacation. There is lots of paperwork coming home- please let me know if you have any questions. If it could all come back by Friday, that would be great! Many thanks!